STEUBEN COUNTY -- Funeral arrangements have been finalized for a Steuben County soldier killed in action. Specialist Ryan Jayne was killed last weekend when his unit was hit by a homemade bomb.
The 22-year-old lived in Canisteo, and graduated from East High in Corning in 2008. He was assigned to the 178th Engineer Battalion and the 412th Theater Engineer Command based out of Oswego.
Specialist Jayne's body will be brought home Tuesday at 11 a.m. The American Red Cross is inviting the community to line the procession route to honor Jayne and his family. It begins at the Elmira Corning Regional Airport and ends at Carpenters Funeral Home in Corning. You'll find the full route posted below.
Calling hours and services will be held Wednesday, from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., in the Corning East High School auditorium. A military service will be held at the football field.
Tuesday's Procession Route:
- 247 Sing Sing Rd, Horseheads, NY 14845-1072 (Elmira/Corning Airport).
- Left on Sing Sing Rd (CR-17).
- Left on Hibbard
- Hibbard turns into Maple St.
- Turn left on Olcott South (railway over pass clearance 11 feet, 10 inches)
- Turn right onto Main St. (RT364)
- Turn right onto RT-352.
- Turn left onto E Corning Rd (RT-352).
- Turn right onto Cohocton St.
- Turn left on Woodview/Tioga.
- Turn right onto Cedar St.
- Continue on Centerway (RT-414).
- Head toward E Pulteney St (RT-414) on Center Way (RT-414).
- Turn left onto E Pulteney St (RT-414).
- Arrive at Carpenters Funeral Home