Sunday, December 21, 2014

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 


Southern Tier

Wood burning fireplace to blame for Onondaga fire

  • Text size: + -
CNY/NNY/S. Tier: Wood burning fireplace to blame for Onondaga fire
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. -- A home in Onondaga was damaged after a chimney fire burned through the back of the house.

Fire crews say the fire started in a wood burning fireplace around 4 p.m. Sunday. It took firefighters about half an hour to get the fire under control.

Most of the back of the house was destroyed, along with some of the roof, but no one was hurt in the fire. ClientIP:, UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 ( Profile: TWCSAMLSP