ONEONTA, N.Y. -- A fire in a SUNY Oneonta dorm building has left college officials scrambling to find temporary housing for students.
University Police say the fire started in Matteson Hall around 4 p.m. Wednesday in a suite on the third floor. No injuries were reported and college officials believe all the residents have been accounted for.
The dorm has been closed for the evening and the college is working with the Red Cross on a plan to house the displaced students in the Chase Gymnasium temporarily.
New York's Dormitory Authority is being brought in to evaluate the structural damage to the building and an investigation will be conducted as soon as that process is complete.