Thursday, April 24, 2014

Alert

Follow us:
Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter Subscribe to this news feed 

News

Southern Tier

Chimney fire spreads to home

  • Text size: + -
CNY/NNY/S. Tier: Chimney fire spreads to home
Play now

Time Warner Cable video customers:
Sign in with your TWC ID to access our video clips.

  To view our videos, you need to
enable JavaScript. Learn how.
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

BROOME COUNTY, N.Y. -- Six fire departments responded to a house fire in Broome County.

It happened around 5 p.m. Sunday afternoon along Hancock Road in Sanitaria Springs.

Flames spread from a chimney to the house.

One person was inside. That person was able to make it out in time. No one was injured.

One room sustained heavy damage, but officials say the home will be salvaged.

10.11.12.244 ClientIP: 54.242.249.240, 23.3.13.181, 10.170.94.4 UserAgent: CCBot/2.0 (http://commoncrawl.org/faq/) Profile: TWCSAMLSP