BOONVILLE, N.Y. -- The storage unit for the Village of Boonville was destroyed by fire Monday night, and officials are calling it suspicious. The fire started after 9 p.m. at the Main Street facility.
The building, more than 100 years old, was a total loss. It was used for village recreation, and a warming hut for ice skaters.
Officials have deemed the fire suspicious, but are not saying why due to the ongoing investigation.
We were told there was no electricity running to the part of the building where the fire started. No one was injured in the fire.